Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Battlefoam - New Malifaux Bag

Romeo from Battlefoam recently came out with a brand new bag for Malifaux.  The bag is a different dimension (12.5W x 10.5L x 7H) than most of the current bags.  I really like the layout of this new bag design.  You get 3 preloaded foams, 1x2" Pluck Foam for large models, 1x1.5" thick tray with 32 2x1.25" and 1x1.5" thick tray with 36 1x1.5".  It has also has a separate storage area that has 4 pockets, 2 pen holders, plus a slider folder for rules.  On the other side there is an additional slider folder for additional rule books.

If you're a Malifaux player, this bag is a definite must have.  The bag is now my favorite of the Battlefoam bag lineup.  With this one bag, I can put all sorts skirmish figures in there including (Heavy Gear Blitz, multiple GW Kill Teams and Malifaux).  Even with all those figures there is a ton of room for other games.  The bag is more compact than the other bags and carrying handle is top notch.

I would rate this bag as almost perfect.  What I would love to see added would be 2 to 4 pockets on the side for additional storage and a Velcro patch or two to add name tags or cool patches.  I also found that the 36 1x1.5" tray isn't as useful as the 32 2x1.25 tray.  If I had my choice I would go with the 2 32 2x1.25 trays instead or maybe one with even less slots.  I found that the 36 slot compartments were a little small for many of my skirmish figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment